- Friends don’t Lie - Inferring Personality Traits from Social Network Structure.
(with Jacopo Staiano, Bruno Lepri, Fabio Pianesi, Nicu Sebe, and Alex Sandy Pentland). To appear in the proceedings of the 14th ACM international conference on Ubiquitous computing (UbiComp’12). Pittsburg, PA, USA. September 2012.
- Incremental Learning with Accuracy Prediction of Social and Individual Properties from Mobile-Phone Data.
(with Yaniv Altshuler, Michael Fire, Yuval Elovichi, and Alex Pentland). WS3P, IEEE Social Computing, 2012.
- How Many Make a Crowd? On the Correlation between Group Size and the Accuracy of Modeling.
(with Yaniv Altshuler, Michael Fire, Yuval Elovichi, and Alex Pentland). 2012 International Conference on Social Computing, Behavioral-Cultural Modeling, & Prediction (SBP12). Maryland, USA, April 2012. (PDF)
- Social fMRI: Investigating and shaping social mechanisms in the real world.
(with Wei Pan, Cory Ip, Inas Khayal, Alex Pentland). Pervasive and Mobile Computing, Volume 7, Issue 6, December 2011, Pages 643-659, ISSN 1574-1192, 10.1016/j.pmcj.2011.09.004.(Article Home, PDF pre-print)
- Stealing Reality: When Criminals Become Data Scientists (or Vice Versa).
(with Yaniv Altshuler, Yuval Elovici, Alex Pentland, Manuel Cebrian). IEEE Intelligent Systems, vol. 26, no. 6, November/December 2011. (Article Home, PDF)
- Fortune Monitor or Fortune Teller: Understanding the Connection between Interaction Patterns and Financial Status.
(with Wei Pan and Alex Pentland). IEEE Conf. on Social Computing, SocialCom 2011. (PDF)
- Using Social Sensing to Understand the Links Between Sleep, Mood and Sociability.
(with Sai Moturu, Inas Khayal, Wei Pan and Sandy Pentland). IEEE Conf. on Social Computing, SocialCom 2011. (PDF)
- The Social fMRI: Measuring, Understanding and Designing Social Mechanisms in the Real World.
(with Wei Pan, Cory Ip, Inas Khayal and Alex Pentland). Proceedings of the 13th ACM international conference on Ubiquitous computing (UbiComp’11). Beijing, China. September 2011. (Article Home, PDF)
- Sleep, Mood and Sociability in a Healthy Population.
Sai T. Moturu, Inas Khayal, Nadav Aharony, Wei Pan, Alex Pentland., 33rd Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC '11), Boston, MA, Aug 30-Sep 3, 2011. Article Home
- Composite Social Network for Predicting Mobile Apps Installation.
Wei Pan, Nadav Aharony, Alex Pentland. Proceedings of the 25th Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-11). San Francisco, CA, August, 2011. (PDF)
- Tracing Mobile Phone App Installations in the “Friends and Family” Study.
Nadav Aharony, Wei Pan, Cory Ip, Alex Pentland. Proceedings of the Workshop on Information in Networks (WIN), September 2010, NY, NY.
Yaniv Altshuler, Nadav Aharony, Yuval Elovici, Alex Pentland, Manuel Cebrian. Proceedings of the Workshop on Information in Networks (WIN), September 2010, NY, NY.
- Understanding Micro-scale Individual Interaction Diversity and Discretionary Spending.
Wei Pan, Nadav Aharony, Cory Ip, Alex Pentland. Proceedings of the Workshop on Information in Networks (WIN), Sep 2010, NY, NY.
- Efficient Collaborative Application Monitoring Scheme for Mobile Networks.
(with Yaniv Altshuler, Shlomi Dolev, and Yuval Elovici).
Analysis of Mobile Phone Networks, NetMob (in NetSci), 2010. Boston, MA, USA, 2010.
- TTLed Random Walks for Collaborative Monitoring.
(with Yaniv Altshuler, Shlomi Dolev, and Yuval Elovici). Second International Workshop on Network Science for Communication Networks, NetSciCom’10, in conjunction with IEEE INFOCOM 2010, San Diego, CA, USA. (IEEE Explore, PDF)
- Social Area Networks: Networking of People, by People, for People.
Nadav Aharony, David P. Reed, and Andrew Lippman. Workshop on Leveraging Social Patterns for Security, Privacy, and Network Architectures, in conjunction with IEEE SocialCom-09, Vancouver, Canada, 2009. (PDF)
- Comm.unity: Leveraging Social and Physical Proximity (Video).
Nadav Aharony and Jamie Zigelbaum. 27th Int. Conf. on Human Factors in Computing Systems, CHI 2009, Boston, MA, USA, April 2009.
- Demonstrating SnapN'Share: Content Sharing Over a Socially Informed, Hyper-Local, Face-to-Face Networking Platform.
Nadav Aharony, Andrew Lippman and David P. Reed. Fifth Annual IEEE Consumer Communications & Networking Conference (CCNC'2008), Las Vegas, USA, January 2008.
- Learning Wireless Network Association Control with Gaussian Process Temporal Difference Methods.
Nadav Aharony, Tzachi Zehavi and Yaakov Engel. OPNETWORK, 2005, Washington DC, August 2005. (Best Paper Award)
- QoS Based Bandwidth Allocation Schemes for Passive Optical Networks.
Nadav Aharony, Eyal Nave, Nir Naaman and Shay Auster. OPNETWORK 2003, Washington DC, August 2003. (Distinguished Paper Award)
- Security and Privacy in Social Networks.
(with Yaniv Altshuler, Yuval Elovici, Armin B. Cremers, and Alex Pentland). Springer Publishing. ISBN 1461441382. (To be released Aug 31, 2012). (Amazon)
- Social fMRI: Measuring and Designing Social Mechanisms using Mobile Phones. PhD Dissertation. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2012. (PDF)
- Virtual Private Milieus : sharing our digital aura through social and physical proximity. MS Thesis. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2008. (D-Space, PDF)
- Implementing GPTD Reinforcement Learning for Wireless Networking Association Control.
Nadav Aharony and Tzachi Zehavi. Undergraduate special research project, Technion, Israel, 2004.
- QoS Based Bandwidth Allocation Schemes for EPON Networks.
Nadav Aharony and Eyal Nave. Undergraduate thesis project, Technion, Israel, 2002.
- A Data-Rich Approach for Investigating Social Mechanisms in the Wild.
Nadav Aharony. Proceedings of the 13th ACM international conference on Ubiquitous computing (UbiComp’11). Beijing, China. September 2011.